Monday, November 12, 2012

To participate in the charm swap, you must be willing to make enough charms for everyone in your group (including yourself) AND one extra so that a set of charms can be auctioned to benefit Beads of Courage. This means if your group has 10 people, you will make and send a total of 11 charms. One charm is a “donation” to be auctioned off to Beads of Courage. The last swap we made about $150 for BOC. (I would have to look it up for the exact donation because I don’t remember for sure). I was lucky to be involved with this group and help benefit the Beads of Courage. It was fun creating charms, this was my first try at this. I bought the Big Kick and have used it a few times for copper earrings and I thought it would work for my charms. I was happy with my finished product and so excited for my package to arrive with my charm swap. As you can see my camera is still not working so the photo is not updated yet.
Please view the Beads of Courage link to help increase the money collected for this auction. http://beadsofcourage.org/ https://www.facebook.com/groups/346643665420820/doc/346797402072113/ Here is the charm that I created with a metal shaped guitar pick with an embossed silly little owl!

12 comments:

  1. Technology is fickle, Cheri... hope you get your camera fixed so you can jump back in and show your stuff later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see your charm! Please share it and your process whenever you can get the camera working. In the meantime I will look for it in the auction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be anxious to see your charms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a shame, oh well I'll be sure to check it out at the auction

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad about the camera! I had a camera mishap too, but got it working finally. Hope you get yours working soon too so we can all see what you created.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I found your name on one of the auctions. It's funny I thought it was a cat face on the guitar pick shaped metal till I made the image bigger. Then I saw an owl. So which was it suppose to be?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little owl! Not the traditional ones of course, I thought he was kind of cute and might bring a smile to someone's face.

      Delete
  7. Hi Cheri, I'm one of the lucky ones that received your little owl pendant and it's beautiful! I think you can copy the picture from the auction site, and if not I can make the pic and send it to you :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Pepita, thank you so much! I was so lucky to be paired up with such a talented group of artists. I got involved with CBC group right after I started my business, and I have been so fortunate to have met so many talented artists. The groups that have branched off from the CBC group have been a blessing to many and I am sure a lot of hard work for those taking on the challenge. I will try to copy my picture from auction, of course I didn't think of that. :) Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheri - I know all too well the trials technology can put us through! I do love your little owl - My hubby plays guitar - I bet he would love one of these to hang on the neck.....off to the auction!!!

    ReplyDelete